<body>
I can be a beggar for one day. - DAY 17
Tuesday, November 2, 2010/ 5:11 PM

H U L L O   D E A R S.
PLEASE VISIT MY GRAPHIC SITE AT:

http://almonds-andraisins.blogspot.com/ [VISIT]

It's a book-inspired graphic site. From the one I'm currently reading: Maisie Mosco's Almonds and Raisins. Did not have sumthing yummy in mind to name my site so I just chose the book's title. Heee. You can apply as a maker. I'm inviting sum peeps to. Cause classes are gonna be back again and I couldn't be online as often as I've been going online for the past weeks. So I kinda need some help. Just contact me if you wanna be a part of it :D

-30 DAY CHALLENGE-
DAY 17 - Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why.


I can be a beggar for a day.
Not that I wanna BE ONE. No. I just feel like it. I wanna feel free, you know. Free-er than anyone else. Maybe it's because I love travelling a lot too. I've kinda been dreaming about living a nomadic life. Guess I just wanna feel like those beggars from Coelho's The Zahir. Esther would say that beggars were the only ones who never pretend to be happy. To this I quote a conversation between the main character, who was a best-selling writer and a bunch of beggars from the book from which I've learned a lot:

Who are you? What kind of life is this? You’re healthy, you could work, but instead you
prefer to hang around doing nothing!

We choose to stay outside, outside a world that is fast collapsing, outside people who
live in constant fear of losing something, who walk along the street as if everything was
fine, when, in fact, everything is bad, very bad indeed! Don’t you beg too? Don’t you ask
for alms from your boss to pay the owner of your apartment?

Aren’t you ashamed to be wasting your life?” asks the woman in the purple coat.
Who said I’m wasting my life? I do precisely what I want to do.
The burly man interrupts, saying:
And what is it you want? To live on top of the world? Who told you that the mountain is
necessarily better than the plain? You think we don’t know how to live, don’t you? Well,
your wife understood that we know exactly what we want from life. Do you know what
we want? Peace! Freedom! And not to be obliged to follow the latest fashions—we make
our own fashions here! We drink when we want to and sleep whenever we feel like it!
Not one person here chose slavery and we’re proud of it, even though you and people like
you may think we’re just a lot of pathetic freeloaders!

So yea. Guess that pretty much explains everything. I'm travelling back to Miami tomorrow for the second semester. Woooo. I feel nervous and excited as well.
But I think I'm ready for another bunch of (God forbid) terror professors, dirtbag-looking bluebooks, achievements and maybe humiliations too. Bring it on.

Labels: , , , , , , ,



| 0 Comment(s) |
Post a Comment








FRIENDS
GELI JOANNE ISSA JANA MIMI FIVI YANX
VISIT MY GRAPHIC SITE? MORE AFFIES HERE..

TRY TO FOLLOW ME.
*

- APRIIL © HTTP://COFFEEMOONSTAR.BLOGSPOT.COM -

Latest Tweets: (follow me?)